For immediate release - St. Robert, MO, May 24, 2012–Maranatha Baptist Academy Receives Official Notice of Accreditation from the Middle States Association Commission on Elementary and Secondary Schools.
Aaron Carnahan, school administrator, states that this accreditation from the Middle States Association Commission on Elementary and Secondary Schools represents a great achievement for our school and a great benefit for our community, students and their parents.
Maranatha Baptist Academy was awarded accreditation from the Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools (MSA-CESS) in May 2017. MSA-CESS sets the highest standards for determining and assessing a school’s strength and educational validity.
Dr. Henry G. Cram, President of the Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools, stated in a congratulatory letter that Maranatha had been awarded “full and official membership” in the MSA-CESS until December 2021. He went on to say that “Regional accreditation is a landmark event in the history of any institution, one deserving of notice and appreciation by its community.” President Cram wrote, “On behalf of the Middle States Association, please accept sincere congratulations on the recognition of your school as an accredited member.”
The Association’s website explains the profile of an accredited school such as Maranatha Baptist Academy. MSA-CESS describes an accredited school as one who:
- Adheres to the Middle States Standards for Accreditation;
- Uses its mission, beliefs, and goals as the basis for daily decision-making;
- Operates in the public interest and in accordance with ethical practice;
- Accepts responsibility for the level of performance of its students;
- Remains committed to continuous improvement in student learning and to its capacity to produce the levels of learning desired and expected by its community;
- Operates in a collegial and collaborative way with all its stakeholders;
- Sustains its focus on implementing recommendations, addressing monitoring issues and correcting stipulations that may be part of its notification of accreditation and fulfills its maintenance requirements to the Commissions
Aaron Carnahan, School Administrator, on this achievement:
“As a private Christian school, we are determined first to glorify God by striving for excellence in all we do. We were excited to go through the respected accreditation process of the MSA-CESS which helps us examine ourselves in light of educational standards of excellence. We are thrilled for our community, students and parents that an independent organization of their standing and legacy has validated the hard work, diligence, and dedication to excellence of our faculty and staff. I am thankful to be a part of such a dedicated team.”
MSA-CESS has been helping school leaders establish and reach their goals, develop strategic plans, and increase student achievement for 125 years. They have over 2,700 accredited schools and school systems in 34 states and almost 100 countries around the world.
Learn more about Maranatha Baptist Academy at www.MaranathaBaptistAcademy.com
Learn more about all of our certified accreditations here.
Learn more about MSA–CESS at www.msa-cess.org .
Looking for a Christian Education alternative? Download our Christian School Selection Guide.
If you would like more information about this topic, please contact Aaron Carnahan at (573) 336-5972.